My Life as a Puzzle Piece

How does it all fit?

Name:
Location: T-Town, WA

Here I am. Just trying to figure out how the random things in my life piece together to make the beautiful portrait that God is painting. How long will it take? FOREVER! Who am I? I'm not quite sure yet. Where will I be in 10 years? Do I dare dream?

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Secrets, shame, and truth

There was an article on AOL news today. It was about a church called LifeChurch. They have a site (mysecret.tv) that people can post anonymously about their sins and addictions. There are hundreds of thousands of posts. I was really amazed when I found out more about the church itself. They aren't afraid of talking about things. They aren't afraid to tell the truth about huge issues. In one person's confession, he said that he was struggling with pornography, but he heard from a sermon that godly men do struggle with that.

That is what changes people's lives. When the light shines in those dark places that no one wants exposed. But then when the light is shown, they look around the room and see hundreds of people right next to them, stumbling around in the darkness. The stigma of today's church culture is that christians need to "shine the light." In our language it means "be perfect." It must all date back to the days when people had to pay to be forgiven. If it was a hidden sin, they wouldn't have to pay. So why not keep it hidden so that no one will know. We can even go further back then that. Adam and Eve. They were ashamed. Shame is what the enemy uses so often to cloud the truth. It's one of those choice things. You gotta choose to let it out in the open, even if fear is so gripping you can't move.

Facing your fear
Walking in humility
Embracing your mistakes
Accepting the fact that you are human
Placing yourself on the cross
Willingly being a sacrifice
Going deeper
Sharing your heart
Being in the world but not of the world
Finding the balance
Working out your salvation in frear and trembling
Living a life, holy and pleasing to God
Living your life moment by moment
Living in light of eternity
Loving God
Loving others
Loving yourself
Shining like the sun
Letting your weakness be His strength

None of these are cliches to me. They are real. I may not live up to them all the time, but that's what being human is. My favorite is finding the balance. So many times I find myself arguing between 2 extremes. Most of the time I'm right in the middle. Not just to be in the middle. Not just to make everyone happy. But I realize that I can't live in a church. I also can't live away from church. I can't always live life moment by moment, desire by desire, always here and now. But I also can't always live life looking towards eternity and heaven because then I forget to embrace the people around me.

Life is a process. I'm never gonna reach the destination, but I've realized that it's okay. In fact, I'm happy that I will never finish. I will run the race to win, but I will never finish the race. Not to say that I will quit, but I will forever be running, pursuing, trying to understand and catch the amazing God, Creator, Lover that continues to beckon me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home