someday, but not today
You wanna know what I have found out about myself lately?
I am a commitment FREAK!
Yep, that's right. With all the dreaming and oohing and aahing about relationships, dating, and weddings, in reality I am scared out of my mind about it all! Here I am, 20 years old, thinking that I'm ready for a relationship, and tapping my toe at God asking why He hasn't brought *him* to me. And then it hits me: if someone really did ask me out tomorrow, I would say a big resounding NO! But another thing I realized, is that man that I am going to marry is the one that won't let me say no. He's gonna be the one that won't allow me to get out the easy way. He's gonna be the one that takes me by the hand and forces me to get on the roller coaster, no matter how hard I pull away. Someone who will challenge me. Someone who will fight with me and for me.
Someday, but not today.
I am a commitment FREAK!
Yep, that's right. With all the dreaming and oohing and aahing about relationships, dating, and weddings, in reality I am scared out of my mind about it all! Here I am, 20 years old, thinking that I'm ready for a relationship, and tapping my toe at God asking why He hasn't brought *him* to me. And then it hits me: if someone really did ask me out tomorrow, I would say a big resounding NO! But another thing I realized, is that man that I am going to marry is the one that won't let me say no. He's gonna be the one that won't allow me to get out the easy way. He's gonna be the one that takes me by the hand and forces me to get on the roller coaster, no matter how hard I pull away. Someone who will challenge me. Someone who will fight with me and for me.
Someday, but not today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home