My Life as a Puzzle Piece

How does it all fit?

Name:
Location: T-Town, WA

Here I am. Just trying to figure out how the random things in my life piece together to make the beautiful portrait that God is painting. How long will it take? FOREVER! Who am I? I'm not quite sure yet. Where will I be in 10 years? Do I dare dream?

Friday, August 17, 2007

music's the reason why I know time still exists

There are those times that one is depressed and wants to listen to depressing music to stay depressed and wallow in the sadness. There are other times that one is depressed and puts on happy music and becomes happy. But it's not just any happy music. I can't put on the radio to kiss, I can't put on country, and I definitely can't put on hip hop. It's sunny, and the best music to listen to when it's sunny and one is feeling down is the experimental type music like Postal Service and Owl City.

So I feel better as long as I am listening to this music. When it stops I may feel sad again. That may seem shallow. It also may seem as if I am allowing something outside myself determine my emotions. That may be true, but I feel as though life stops when the music starts. I feel as though everything that makes me stressed, everything that makes me sad, everything that brings tragedy disappears. All that is left is the happy memories. The memories of driving around with the music blaring, windows rolled down, and screaming along with a best friend that doesn't care what you look like. It's the memories of letting go of everything and going crazy, just to go crazy. It's the memories of adventures in LA, Seattle, NYC, and even Lake Easton.

Someday I'll get over this slump. But for now, life still continues. And I can still find moments of happiness, through the waves that crash right on top of me. The sun still peaks out from the clouds. The rain still refreshes, even on a humid day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home