are care free summer days gone?
As I venture into the unknown land of adulthood, I pause to look back on adolescence. I ponder on the things about myself that I want to take with me into adulthood and what I need to leave behind. Adulthood is about responsibility, maturity, and other things I do not know yet since I have not yet been experienced in this land. Adolescence is about being crazy, doing stupid things, not having many cares. I remember the summer nights when I would sit on Ruston Way. I have more memories there than I thought I did. I have memories there with Drew, Sarah, Jesse, Isaac, Debbie, Zach, Anna, Hannah, Kassy, and Jenny. I've gone down there by myself to watch the sunset and write bad poetry. I've laid on the grass with Sarah, Jesse and Isaac. I've sat in my car talking about all the hard things about life with Drew. I've watched the stars on the docks with Debbie and Zach. I've watched in amazement the people crabbing with Anna and Hannah. I've ran with Kassy. I've sat and talked through issues with Jenny.
My memories continue on and on. But what do I bring with me to adulthood? I want to have care free summer days.
marshmellows and chocolate fondue beckon...
My memories continue on and on. But what do I bring with me to adulthood? I want to have care free summer days.
marshmellows and chocolate fondue beckon...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home