My Life as a Puzzle Piece

How does it all fit?

Name:
Location: T-Town, WA

Here I am. Just trying to figure out how the random things in my life piece together to make the beautiful portrait that God is painting. How long will it take? FOREVER! Who am I? I'm not quite sure yet. Where will I be in 10 years? Do I dare dream?

Sunday, September 16, 2007

boys like girls?

My days are getting busier and busier but I love it! I had the best weekend. I'm going to miss school so much when I leave. It has to happen someday, but it's depressing that I will not be around amazing people. That just means I have to live up this semester and make sure that I get close to friends so that I will *want* to come back to campus all the time.

Here's my revelation of the week:

I tend to be "one of the guys." Not the kind of girl that hangs out with guys because she's loose but the kind of girl that hangs out with guys that they are comfortable with. I tend to surround myself with amazing guys. Then I start liking them (sometimes multiple at once...not good!) and then I realize that they see me as just a friend. I don't think I'm like most girls on the whole "liking a guy" thing. When I like a guy, it's extremely casual. I don't *need* a relationship with the guy, I don't pursue the guy (cause that's not my job!) and I just get to know them more as friends. I would like to think I'm smart about how I hang out with guys (aka one-on-one) and guard my heart.

Conclusion - so far, I haven't found the guy that has fallen head over heels for me. And that's okay. I've found a lot of guys that I can be friends with, and learn how to be friends with guys and understand them so I can be a better wife *someday*. I'm waiting for the guy that looks at me like I'm the only one in the room. I'm waiting for the guy who falls in love with me first. I'm waiting for the guy that will hug me in that certain way. I'm waiting for the guy that knows grace. I'm waiting for the guy that is "party-able" (inside joke). I'm waiting for the guy that knows who he is and knows what he wants. THAT guy is still somewhere out there, or he's just not there yet.

And I'm okay with that, because I'm not somebody's dream girl...yet. I still have growing to do. I still have maturing to do. I still have to get to know myself.

That's my story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home