the best and the worst
In the past couple of years, every 4th of July has topped the one before it.
July 4th, 2004
Westport beach with Anna, Justin, Malia, Brandt, Chad, Lexie, Tom and Ranae.
July 4th, 2005
Tahullah (sp?) with Samuel and the interns
July 4th, 2006
Vashon Island with Samuel's family and a bunch of PLU/PSCCers (and Sarah, who doesn't fit into either of those groups, LoL)
This 4th of July really tops them all. Amazing firework show, hanging out with Sarah (I don't know when we have hung out on 4th of July!), hanging out with Jonathan, meeting Samuel's family, and the.....
CRAZY VAN RIDE
The day starts off with Samuel, Sarah, and I driving to the Wolberts to get the white van. At 2:45 we meet everyone, and we realize that there is not that much gas in the van. We decide that we don't have time to get more gas, and we think that it will last until southworth (on the kitsap peninsula, explanation will come later). We get on the ferry on time, and we head for Samuel's house. We get there, eat food (which was amazing, thanks to Samuel's mom), and listen to his brother Timothy as he shoots off fireworks. Around 8ish we decide to head down to the beach. We seat ourselves on some rocks, and almost get blown up as the dupeas, samuel, and jonothan decide to light off fireworks almost right in our faces! I yelled "stop, we're gonna get killed!" Jonathan's girlfriend says "we won't die. But we may lose an arm!" thanks, Brittany! The firework show started, and it was one of the coolest firework shows I've ever seen! Too bad it's his last year. Around 11:20 we head to the northside ferry, because the southside (aka point defiance) had the last ferry at 10. Vashon has a lot of hills, so the van wasn't doing so good, running out of gas. Of course, the worry side in me came out like none other! I prayed so hard! We were about to get to the gas station which was on the top of a hill, and we didn't know if we were going to make it! Everyone was yelling at the van, hoping we wouldn't have to push it up the hill. Finally, after what seemed like forever, we coasted into the gas station. Gas was 3.45 a gallon, so Samuel put 5 dollars in. It didn't even make the gas gauge move! We headed to the 12:05 ferry, which didn't end up leaving until 12:30. Southworth is another hilly little place, so, again, my worryness kicked in, and I was freaking out, praying my butt off! We headed to a gas station, paid 2.85 a gallon, $20 gave us a little over a quarter tank. We had to go through bremerton, port orchard, gig harbor, then dropped Maggie off at the point defiance ferry dock, because that's where she left her car. Then we went home. I got home at 2 and didn't go to bed until 3.
That was the best and worst 4th of July EVER.
July 4th, 2004
Westport beach with Anna, Justin, Malia, Brandt, Chad, Lexie, Tom and Ranae.
July 4th, 2005
Tahullah (sp?) with Samuel and the interns
July 4th, 2006
Vashon Island with Samuel's family and a bunch of PLU/PSCCers (and Sarah, who doesn't fit into either of those groups, LoL)
This 4th of July really tops them all. Amazing firework show, hanging out with Sarah (I don't know when we have hung out on 4th of July!), hanging out with Jonathan, meeting Samuel's family, and the.....
CRAZY VAN RIDE
The day starts off with Samuel, Sarah, and I driving to the Wolberts to get the white van. At 2:45 we meet everyone, and we realize that there is not that much gas in the van. We decide that we don't have time to get more gas, and we think that it will last until southworth (on the kitsap peninsula, explanation will come later). We get on the ferry on time, and we head for Samuel's house. We get there, eat food (which was amazing, thanks to Samuel's mom), and listen to his brother Timothy as he shoots off fireworks. Around 8ish we decide to head down to the beach. We seat ourselves on some rocks, and almost get blown up as the dupeas, samuel, and jonothan decide to light off fireworks almost right in our faces! I yelled "stop, we're gonna get killed!" Jonathan's girlfriend says "we won't die. But we may lose an arm!" thanks, Brittany! The firework show started, and it was one of the coolest firework shows I've ever seen! Too bad it's his last year. Around 11:20 we head to the northside ferry, because the southside (aka point defiance) had the last ferry at 10. Vashon has a lot of hills, so the van wasn't doing so good, running out of gas. Of course, the worry side in me came out like none other! I prayed so hard! We were about to get to the gas station which was on the top of a hill, and we didn't know if we were going to make it! Everyone was yelling at the van, hoping we wouldn't have to push it up the hill. Finally, after what seemed like forever, we coasted into the gas station. Gas was 3.45 a gallon, so Samuel put 5 dollars in. It didn't even make the gas gauge move! We headed to the 12:05 ferry, which didn't end up leaving until 12:30. Southworth is another hilly little place, so, again, my worryness kicked in, and I was freaking out, praying my butt off! We headed to a gas station, paid 2.85 a gallon, $20 gave us a little over a quarter tank. We had to go through bremerton, port orchard, gig harbor, then dropped Maggie off at the point defiance ferry dock, because that's where she left her car. Then we went home. I got home at 2 and didn't go to bed until 3.
That was the best and worst 4th of July EVER.

1 Comments:
glad you liked it so much... I wish we could do it again tomorrow, but then I realize...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home