The crazy week of nikkinesss
I feel like this week has been 3 weeks in one! I don't even know what happened on what day! But I'll try my hardest....
On Sunday night, Samuel, Emily and I prayed for Ignite for about an hour, then Becca came over and we prayed for her. It was good. I already wrote about that one.
Monday night, a group of people (Bill Siems, Tracy Conaway, Susan Freeman and Phyllis Abrahmsen) came over and prayed for the Ministry House. It was such a blessing! It seriously rocked me. They started off all nice and calm, then all of a sudden they talked about how this year is going to be a challenge, and are we ready for that, and we are going to have to be held to a greater level of accountability because of what God wants us to do, etc. I jumped in and said heck yes! that's what I want, that's what I NEED. I can't be the leader that God wants me to be if I'm not being stretched, and challenged. PLU won't be impacted if I am satisfied at an easy level. We went into the Prayer Shack, and they spoke/prayed so many things that we've been praying through for months. It was such a confirmation that we really are hearing from God. I'm so excited about what God has for this year!
Tuesday night was an average night. I got off at 8 and went home and sat outside. I think Emily and Samuel came over....or maybe I just talked on the phone with Sarah....not sure!
Wednesday night was youth group. I spoke on Eph 3:16-19 and Romans 8:1. I saw some lights in kids eyes. Other ones (mostly the girls) were in their own little world. After church Samuel came over and we got ready for.....
ROAD TRIP!!!!
Thursday we went to Creation!! It was so cool! We went with Charisa and Wes. I knew it was going to be a great day when Wes said "Here's the plan: annoy Nikki the whole way to the Gorge." It's okay, it means I'm the center of attention, haha! We left at 5:30, got into mad traffic, then we arrived right at 9. We didn't hear the first set of United, but it was okay because they only played like 3 songs. We listened to the speaker, who had a really good word. It was about being a loser, laying your life down for Jesus, not being ashamed to speak out what God has done in your life. After that United played. They played for a good 45 minutes or so. Then Phil Dooley, the youth pastor from Hillsong spoke. His was a good word too. After he spoke, United played *AGAIN* for another 20 or 30 minutes. Then Phil picked up the mic again and said that they had more time, so they totally rocked out on the last 2 songs. I think the last song was All Day, but I could be wrong. They went wild on stage. They were jumping around, running around, playing off each other, it was so fun!
The thing that I liked so much about United was that they meant what they sang, and you knew it! A lot of youth group bands find songs that are the "cool" songs and have a cool guitar riff or whatever, but they haven't made that song personal. They just sing the coolest song and then they're done. With United, they know their stuff! They've written it! The truly believe everything they're singing it, every time they sing it. Plus they add the energy. They don't just jump around on stage for the sake of looking fun. They do it because they're excited to be used by God. They're excited about the songs they sing. They know them front to back. It gave me such a passion for leading worship at Ignite. IT's great to glean from other ministries such as IHOP, United, Hillsong, or Soul Survivor. It's also great to make Ignite's worship unique. I can take the initimacy from IHOP, the excitement from United, and the song writing techniqes from Soul Survivor. But I don't have to replicate what they do. I have to make it Ignite.
All in all, it's been an amazing week. The weekend will hopefully be a chill weekend, getting ready for our leaders meeting and worship team meeting on sunday night. I'm gonna jump in, with total abandon! "with arms raised and hearts abandoned" I think that's the line!
Jesus, we're livin for Your Name
We'll never be ashamed of You
Our praise and all we are today
Take take take it all
Take take take it all!
On Sunday night, Samuel, Emily and I prayed for Ignite for about an hour, then Becca came over and we prayed for her. It was good. I already wrote about that one.
Monday night, a group of people (Bill Siems, Tracy Conaway, Susan Freeman and Phyllis Abrahmsen) came over and prayed for the Ministry House. It was such a blessing! It seriously rocked me. They started off all nice and calm, then all of a sudden they talked about how this year is going to be a challenge, and are we ready for that, and we are going to have to be held to a greater level of accountability because of what God wants us to do, etc. I jumped in and said heck yes! that's what I want, that's what I NEED. I can't be the leader that God wants me to be if I'm not being stretched, and challenged. PLU won't be impacted if I am satisfied at an easy level. We went into the Prayer Shack, and they spoke/prayed so many things that we've been praying through for months. It was such a confirmation that we really are hearing from God. I'm so excited about what God has for this year!
Tuesday night was an average night. I got off at 8 and went home and sat outside. I think Emily and Samuel came over....or maybe I just talked on the phone with Sarah....not sure!
Wednesday night was youth group. I spoke on Eph 3:16-19 and Romans 8:1. I saw some lights in kids eyes. Other ones (mostly the girls) were in their own little world. After church Samuel came over and we got ready for.....
ROAD TRIP!!!!
Thursday we went to Creation!! It was so cool! We went with Charisa and Wes. I knew it was going to be a great day when Wes said "Here's the plan: annoy Nikki the whole way to the Gorge." It's okay, it means I'm the center of attention, haha! We left at 5:30, got into mad traffic, then we arrived right at 9. We didn't hear the first set of United, but it was okay because they only played like 3 songs. We listened to the speaker, who had a really good word. It was about being a loser, laying your life down for Jesus, not being ashamed to speak out what God has done in your life. After that United played. They played for a good 45 minutes or so. Then Phil Dooley, the youth pastor from Hillsong spoke. His was a good word too. After he spoke, United played *AGAIN* for another 20 or 30 minutes. Then Phil picked up the mic again and said that they had more time, so they totally rocked out on the last 2 songs. I think the last song was All Day, but I could be wrong. They went wild on stage. They were jumping around, running around, playing off each other, it was so fun!
The thing that I liked so much about United was that they meant what they sang, and you knew it! A lot of youth group bands find songs that are the "cool" songs and have a cool guitar riff or whatever, but they haven't made that song personal. They just sing the coolest song and then they're done. With United, they know their stuff! They've written it! The truly believe everything they're singing it, every time they sing it. Plus they add the energy. They don't just jump around on stage for the sake of looking fun. They do it because they're excited to be used by God. They're excited about the songs they sing. They know them front to back. It gave me such a passion for leading worship at Ignite. IT's great to glean from other ministries such as IHOP, United, Hillsong, or Soul Survivor. It's also great to make Ignite's worship unique. I can take the initimacy from IHOP, the excitement from United, and the song writing techniqes from Soul Survivor. But I don't have to replicate what they do. I have to make it Ignite.
All in all, it's been an amazing week. The weekend will hopefully be a chill weekend, getting ready for our leaders meeting and worship team meeting on sunday night. I'm gonna jump in, with total abandon! "with arms raised and hearts abandoned" I think that's the line!
Jesus, we're livin for Your Name
We'll never be ashamed of You
Our praise and all we are today
Take take take it all
Take take take it all!

1 Comments:
You forget that plan B was to annoy Nikki the whole way to the Gorge as well...
Thanks for letting me drive back, even though you have a small bladder.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home