the best part of my day....
I was walking with Robbie to pick up his son from Sunday school this morning. I walk in the room and I hear 4 tiny voice say, "NIKKI!" I look down to see 4 little 4 and 5 year olds running up to me and hugging my knees. Annabelle, Phoebe, Reagan, and Evie are my favorite little girls in the world! They made my day.
It also made me realize how much I have invested into PSCC. Not the building or the pastor. But the people. Today I went to church for the first time in 2 weeks, and before that I only went on saturdays so no one saw me. I was hugged by all ages. From my kindergarten fan club to Lois, one of the older ladies who enjoy being grandmothers to everyone they possible can. This happened when I needed it the most. The time when the enemy tells me I am unloved and unwanted.
Unending love
Amazing grace
First, Jesus tells me He loves me through the music. Then He tells me He loves me through people. Just at the point when I wish I would have been too hungover to come to church, He reminds me why I'm glad I don't do that. Just at the point when I wonder what the hell I'm doing, He reminds me what I'm living for. Just at the point I doubt my relationship with God, He takes that little tiny seed of faith and grows it just a little.
And people say He doesn't exist or speak to humans. You just have to experience HIM. Not church, not sermons, not intellectualism. HIM. He's not just a person that lived a long time ago. He's not just a god that's somewhere in the cosmos. He is a friend. He is a king. He is an experience. He is love.
What would I do without HIM?
It also made me realize how much I have invested into PSCC. Not the building or the pastor. But the people. Today I went to church for the first time in 2 weeks, and before that I only went on saturdays so no one saw me. I was hugged by all ages. From my kindergarten fan club to Lois, one of the older ladies who enjoy being grandmothers to everyone they possible can. This happened when I needed it the most. The time when the enemy tells me I am unloved and unwanted.
Unending love
Amazing grace
First, Jesus tells me He loves me through the music. Then He tells me He loves me through people. Just at the point when I wish I would have been too hungover to come to church, He reminds me why I'm glad I don't do that. Just at the point when I wonder what the hell I'm doing, He reminds me what I'm living for. Just at the point I doubt my relationship with God, He takes that little tiny seed of faith and grows it just a little.
And people say He doesn't exist or speak to humans. You just have to experience HIM. Not church, not sermons, not intellectualism. HIM. He's not just a person that lived a long time ago. He's not just a god that's somewhere in the cosmos. He is a friend. He is a king. He is an experience. He is love.
What would I do without HIM?

2 Comments:
just what i needed to hear and wanted to express but didn't know how to. thanks friend! can i copy and paste it to my blog?
yes of course you can!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home