possible new summer plans
Decisions, decisions.
What fun, this whole being an adult.
Oh how I love it.
>sense the sarcasm<
I have a chance and opportunity to work at the YMCA Camp Seymore during the summer. From June 20th to August 26th. 68 days working full time with kids, running a pool, being in leadership, ministering to kids ALL DAY. Right up my alley.
Positives:
-working with kids
-being out in the sun (the few days it's sunny)
-showing kids the love of Jesus without words
-working at a pool
-teaching swim lessons
-living in a sheltered environment and still being able to give out
-adding another quality job to my resume
-gaining valuable experience in leadership, in the "real world" and not just in a church
-make $2500 to save towards my trip to europe and my new car
Negatives:
-not having the fun summer with Sarah that I wanted to
-not being able to work at other jobs
-not being able to go to the beach on 4th of July like I've been planning to all year
-not having a lot of time with the friends that will be here this summer
-being drained at the end of the day
Throughout all of this pondering on whether or not I want to do this, I've thought a lot about how I will be filled. I have to be filled to give out. I just talked to the guy who did the pool director position last year, and it sounds like I may have a lot of down time (as in, 30 minutes here, 20 minutes there, 45 minutes there). Perfect time to either go out and meet kids, or take a little quiet time with God. Either one would work for me! I'm pretty sure the positives weight out the negatives on this one. I just have to see if I actually get the job. I'm not fully qualified, and I wouldn't be super comfortable; it would definitely be a challenge. However, there is like 2 weeks of training to start the summer of, and I think that would be a perfect chance for me to gain the necessary skills I need to succeed. It would also be a valuable time for me to meet the other staff members, figure out who is strongly following the Lord, and bring God's love to them all, regardless of their religious choices. Everyone need His love, whether they are following Him or not!
We'll see where God takes this one. I'm getting more and more excited every minutes I think about it!
What fun, this whole being an adult.
Oh how I love it.
>sense the sarcasm<
I have a chance and opportunity to work at the YMCA Camp Seymore during the summer. From June 20th to August 26th. 68 days working full time with kids, running a pool, being in leadership, ministering to kids ALL DAY. Right up my alley.
Positives:
-working with kids
-being out in the sun (the few days it's sunny)
-showing kids the love of Jesus without words
-working at a pool
-teaching swim lessons
-living in a sheltered environment and still being able to give out
-adding another quality job to my resume
-gaining valuable experience in leadership, in the "real world" and not just in a church
-make $2500 to save towards my trip to europe and my new car
Negatives:
-not having the fun summer with Sarah that I wanted to
-not being able to work at other jobs
-not being able to go to the beach on 4th of July like I've been planning to all year
-not having a lot of time with the friends that will be here this summer
-being drained at the end of the day
Throughout all of this pondering on whether or not I want to do this, I've thought a lot about how I will be filled. I have to be filled to give out. I just talked to the guy who did the pool director position last year, and it sounds like I may have a lot of down time (as in, 30 minutes here, 20 minutes there, 45 minutes there). Perfect time to either go out and meet kids, or take a little quiet time with God. Either one would work for me! I'm pretty sure the positives weight out the negatives on this one. I just have to see if I actually get the job. I'm not fully qualified, and I wouldn't be super comfortable; it would definitely be a challenge. However, there is like 2 weeks of training to start the summer of, and I think that would be a perfect chance for me to gain the necessary skills I need to succeed. It would also be a valuable time for me to meet the other staff members, figure out who is strongly following the Lord, and bring God's love to them all, regardless of their religious choices. Everyone need His love, whether they are following Him or not!
We'll see where God takes this one. I'm getting more and more excited every minutes I think about it!

2 Comments:
Right.... "not fully qualified"?! Girl, have you been reading my blog? God is not looking for the qualified, but for the available.
hey girl. i promise ill still love you no matter what. working at a camp was awesome, so if you feel lits whatgods asking you to do, go for it!
i promise we´ll still get to see each other sometimes....
xosss
ps it just means you hata fly down here with me...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home