My Life as a Puzzle Piece

How does it all fit?

Name:
Location: T-Town, WA

Here I am. Just trying to figure out how the random things in my life piece together to make the beautiful portrait that God is painting. How long will it take? FOREVER! Who am I? I'm not quite sure yet. Where will I be in 10 years? Do I dare dream?

Thursday, March 30, 2006

ode to best friends

4 best friends
within a year being taken away from me
Anna
Sarah
Debbie
Linzi
still friends
but different
they live far away
Sarah is for sure that Washington is not her home anymore
My heart is breaking
I don't know when I'll stop crying
No one can ever replace them
That is the worst part
And at the same time, the best part
No one could ever be the same as them
They are unique
My best friends
They will always classify as my best friends
But they will not always truly be best friends like they used to be
And it hurts like hell

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna vB said...

Oh Nikki... You're gonna make me cry!

I was crying A LOT my first months in Belgium cause I missed my friends so much and I felt so lonely. Until I figured out the key: reminding myself that God is able and faithful to fill the friendship-hole... in His way and His timing.
That's the only reason I could look forward to coming back to Belgium after being able to see, smell, touch and laugh with the bestest of friends I'll ever have...

And you know what... it's still lonely here, but it doesn't beat being where God wants me, lonely and missing my friends or not. Nor does and should it beat where you are at right now!

God is not just with you, He is IN you: incarnate in all areas of your life. It may sound corny... but He will show Himself BIG in your life. I know that for sure cause I already see it. Now you just have to see it too :)
(Faith is the evidence of things unseen... Without hope there would be no faith, cause who hopes for what he already has?)

...If I could only be where you are now when I was where you are right now...

1:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah Stevens said...

Once upon a time, there were two girls. One was short an blond, the other was tall and brown haired.

and they were best friends from day number one, all the way to the end.

end of story.

i love you. forever. no matter what, or who, or where.

this i promise you....

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home