the beginning of the end
How will I know who the right one is if I'm always crushing on guys. Guys that show some kind of attraction to me. I always used to pride myself on the fact that I like a guy and I stuck with it. There was never a "flavor of the week." Until I was 17 I liked 2 guys. Since then I've "crushed" on 7. I don't like that.
I could either not like guys at all and pass by the one I'm supposed to be with or I could like any guy who shows interest and STILL pass by the one I'm supposed to be with. SO CONFUSING!
It all really comes down to choice. Will I make the right decision? Yes I will, if I'm fixing my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith who, for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, despising its shame, and is now seated at the right hand of God.
As I fix my eyes on Jesus the things I let slack, the "gray areas" will slowly shrink. I've been living in the gray areas for far too long. I have made the choice to let them fade. I know I can't do it in a day. I know I can't do it without God's help. But as I follow Christ, there will not be a desire for the gray. I will desire to live in holiness. That first step is the hardest. That choice to go big or go home. What's life worth living if you don't sacrifice? I'm going to live with eternity always on my mind. Not to pass by the ones on my side but to bring them with me. I know I am a leader, a born leader because God created me that way. Follow me as I follow Jesus. I can't say that unless *I* am running after Him with everything I have.
It's the beginning of the end.....
I could either not like guys at all and pass by the one I'm supposed to be with or I could like any guy who shows interest and STILL pass by the one I'm supposed to be with. SO CONFUSING!
It all really comes down to choice. Will I make the right decision? Yes I will, if I'm fixing my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith who, for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, despising its shame, and is now seated at the right hand of God.
As I fix my eyes on Jesus the things I let slack, the "gray areas" will slowly shrink. I've been living in the gray areas for far too long. I have made the choice to let them fade. I know I can't do it in a day. I know I can't do it without God's help. But as I follow Christ, there will not be a desire for the gray. I will desire to live in holiness. That first step is the hardest. That choice to go big or go home. What's life worth living if you don't sacrifice? I'm going to live with eternity always on my mind. Not to pass by the ones on my side but to bring them with me. I know I am a leader, a born leader because God created me that way. Follow me as I follow Jesus. I can't say that unless *I* am running after Him with everything I have.
It's the beginning of the end.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home