NEWS FLASH: I have a life outside work
I feel jipped, looked over, passed over, in the dirt, etc...
No matter how much I take responsibility
No matter how much I work my ass off
No matter how long I stay in one spot, being stable
I keep being passed over
Not only that, but people who are less talented
and people who don't take their job and/or ministry seriously
and people who are HIGHLY inexperienced
are promoted (or put into leadership) over me
...pause rant...
okay, so I'm not being prideful, I'm just venting. I know this is where God has placed me and I'm going to do my job without any pretenses or expectations of becoming a leader.
....replay....
in 2 areas of my life: work and church, I am so behind the scenes it's not even funny
In God's eyes, yes, I am leader, I effect change, I influence people around me, whether they are my peers or bosses, or pastors.
But in people's eyes, I'm not. I have no official title, which means to some people that I don't deserve respect.
I've been teaching swim lessons for 7 years and lifeguarding for 3 years. I've been in some sort of ministry since I was 12, whether that's teaching a sunday school class or being on a worship team, or leading worship. And yet people who have been teaching swim lessons for 2 years or even just 1 year are being promoted over me. Someone who was a guard for 3 weeks was promoted over me. People who have known the Lord for a year are leaders over me.
....pause rant.....
and I respect them, greatly.
....replay....
God is definitely teaching me a lesson in humility and honoring leadership, and submitting to authority. CAN'T I LEARN ONE THING AT A TIME? It's hard enough to handle this purity thing by itself, why do I have to deal with humility and submission at the same time!! I feel like my world is fallng apart, but in a good way. God is tearing things away from me that I've held so tightly to, and put over Him. It hurts so bad.
And of course I have to deal with PMS too. GREAT! just pile a million things on my head and put me in the worst mood ever, RIGHT before the fast ends.
GOSH
I still haven't written about the supposed subject of my post
so I had to get out of a manditory inservice today because I told Stephanie I would babysit Ethan today before I found out that the inservice was today
They were okay with it, because they have a make up day that they schedule later
Well, this afternoon I am called by one of the head guards telling me that there is a MANDITORY meeting for lifeguards and emergency responders next SUNDAY from 9AM-11AM
That would be the exact time I will be on worship team
Then he said that right after that is the MANDITORY inservice make up
Again, that will be right during the time church is, and right after church I'm leaving for Canada to hang out with Laura
Neither of those things can be rescheduled
Why would they make a manditory meeting on a sunday?
oh yeah, that's right, I work with people who couldn't give a care about God
And yet we supposedly work in a christian organization
yeah right, that's pretty much a joke to most people
GEEZ
No matter how much I take responsibility
No matter how much I work my ass off
No matter how long I stay in one spot, being stable
I keep being passed over
Not only that, but people who are less talented
and people who don't take their job and/or ministry seriously
and people who are HIGHLY inexperienced
are promoted (or put into leadership) over me
...pause rant...
okay, so I'm not being prideful, I'm just venting. I know this is where God has placed me and I'm going to do my job without any pretenses or expectations of becoming a leader.
....replay....
in 2 areas of my life: work and church, I am so behind the scenes it's not even funny
In God's eyes, yes, I am leader, I effect change, I influence people around me, whether they are my peers or bosses, or pastors.
But in people's eyes, I'm not. I have no official title, which means to some people that I don't deserve respect.
I've been teaching swim lessons for 7 years and lifeguarding for 3 years. I've been in some sort of ministry since I was 12, whether that's teaching a sunday school class or being on a worship team, or leading worship. And yet people who have been teaching swim lessons for 2 years or even just 1 year are being promoted over me. Someone who was a guard for 3 weeks was promoted over me. People who have known the Lord for a year are leaders over me.
....pause rant.....
and I respect them, greatly.
....replay....
God is definitely teaching me a lesson in humility and honoring leadership, and submitting to authority. CAN'T I LEARN ONE THING AT A TIME? It's hard enough to handle this purity thing by itself, why do I have to deal with humility and submission at the same time!! I feel like my world is fallng apart, but in a good way. God is tearing things away from me that I've held so tightly to, and put over Him. It hurts so bad.
And of course I have to deal with PMS too. GREAT! just pile a million things on my head and put me in the worst mood ever, RIGHT before the fast ends.
GOSH
I still haven't written about the supposed subject of my post
so I had to get out of a manditory inservice today because I told Stephanie I would babysit Ethan today before I found out that the inservice was today
They were okay with it, because they have a make up day that they schedule later
Well, this afternoon I am called by one of the head guards telling me that there is a MANDITORY meeting for lifeguards and emergency responders next SUNDAY from 9AM-11AM
That would be the exact time I will be on worship team
Then he said that right after that is the MANDITORY inservice make up
Again, that will be right during the time church is, and right after church I'm leaving for Canada to hang out with Laura
Neither of those things can be rescheduled
Why would they make a manditory meeting on a sunday?
oh yeah, that's right, I work with people who couldn't give a care about God
And yet we supposedly work in a christian organization
yeah right, that's pretty much a joke to most people
GEEZ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home