My Life as a Puzzle Piece

How does it all fit?

Name:
Location: T-Town, WA

Here I am. Just trying to figure out how the random things in my life piece together to make the beautiful portrait that God is painting. How long will it take? FOREVER! Who am I? I'm not quite sure yet. Where will I be in 10 years? Do I dare dream?

Sunday, April 30, 2006

come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination

Willy Wonka is an amazing character. Think about it: you're walking through a door, thinking that you're gonna walk through a hallway into another door. Then you find out that there is no other door. You're uncomfortable, squished beyond belief. You're becoming claustrophobic, screaming at the top of your lungs to let you out. Then he says to go back through the door you came in. What? you say. That's the door we came from. He says "walk through it anyway." And then you do. And there it is: a world of pure imagination. Even so, do you want to continue following this seemingly crazy man? You see all these other children making silly choices, leading them to their destruction. Do you continue to follow? Is it Willy Wonka who destroyed the children, or was it the children who destroyed themselves?

Are you like Augustus Gloop? Always greedy, wanting more, until it destroys you?
Are you like Violet who wants the newest thing, even when it's not ready for her?
Are you like Veruca Salt, always wanting it NOW, and wanting EVERYTHING until it leads you into a garbage chute?
Are you like Mike TV, going on an adventure when it's not the right adventure?
Are you like Charlie, a simple boy. All you want is to stand in awe of how great the adventure that Wonka is leading you on.

Well, there's my metaphor for the day. I've decided that in some weird, demented way, Willy Wonka has some of the same characteristics God has. Think about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna vB said...

i love it. so needed to hear that today. i'll be like charlie -but then at ikea :)

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home